Friday, May 16, 2008

Vino!

When I think about all the things that make Rome an appealing city, one of the things on the top of the list is the unbelievable wine. While my young palate is still quite inexperienced, I still noticed the huge difference between the box of Franzia I have sitting back in my apartment at school and the 0.87 Euro boxed wine I tasted today.

While you may laugh at my lack of wine knowledge, I would like to take my time in Rome to explore this. What makes certain wines taste differently? And let me try out on of the few appropriate wine vocab terms I know and ask what makes each bouquet unique?

In writing a blog on the subject of wine, I think it is only fair to try as many different kinds as I can in my few shorts weeks here. Unfortunately, I will have to suffer through this, darn. A trip to Tuscany is in order to visit a fine Italian vineyard. Again, as difficult as this may be, I think I'll be able to squeeze it in. After all, how many times in my life will I legitimately be able to say, "When in Rome?"

And maybe I'll really be able to be wine savvy when this is over.

No comments: